Friday, November 4, 2011

Video blog review week 10

1) African Art: Legacy of Oppression
- I chose this video because the title seemed to have kind of a strong meaning to it and i wanted to see what it was all about.
- This video talks about Belgiums Tervuren Museum. It talked about and showed examples of African artwork from more than 250 different cultures. These cultures shape the art meaning in African culture.
- This video is related to the text because even though video just had more information that shows pieces of artwork from different cultures, some of the information was similar in the text.
- I liked this video because it gave me additional knowledge to help me get the whole picture on African art.

2) Buddhism
- I chose this video because I always see Buddhas in movies, but i never really know what their all about so that is how i wanted to learn more about this topic.
- This video talked about the beginning of Buddhism and its use of architecture and art. The concepts of architecture and art in Buddhism shapes their religion and makes them who they are.
- This video relates to the text because even though the video showed me some real examples of Buddhism arichtecture and went into detail explaining it, the text talks a little bit about their architecture and artworks in the text.
- I liked this video because it shows me good examples of Buddhism architecure which helped m picture it better because it was better to see their architecture in a video instead of a book with pictures.


3) Hinduism
- I chose this video because Hinduism is a religion that i am not an expert on and after reading about it i wanted to understand it more.
- This video talked about the practice of Hinduism through the use of architecture and art in India because architecture and art are improtant concepts in that area.
- This video related to the text because it somethings in the text and video were similar, but i thought that the video gave me more information.
- I liked This video game me a better idea of what Hinduism is all about and show me real life examples.

4) African Art
- I chose this video because it is about African Art and even after reading the book I still kind of understood it, but i wanted to learn more on what i read in the text.
- This video looked at different aspects of African Art like symbolism, aesthetics and the functionality. Religious beliefs were also mentioned in this video.
- This video related to the text because it talks about the same information in a different perspective, but the information in the video was more meaningful because i did not get bored watching it.
- I liked this video because it help me visually understand African Art. This cleared up African Topics and help me understand and see their beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment