Monday, November 28, 2011

Video blog review week 13 and 14

Video 1- The Lowdown on Lowbrow:West Coast Pop Art
1. This video talks about lowbrow artwork. This video talks about different parts of lowbrow and the times in history and it had a large influence on the art community.
2. The video did not really relate to my art exhibition project. Lowbrow is everywhere and seems to be unorganized. My art project will be a lot more organized i believe.
3. From this video, I learned something new; I learned what lowbrow is and what it influence, but i feel it did not help me for my project.

Video 2- Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach
1. This video discusses how museums used to be set up and how it started to change in the 1970s and so on. It talks about Tate's thematic approach to displaying art which i found to be cool.
2. This video did relate to my art exhibition because we have to set it up as if it were in a museum, but  I feel this gave me look because of the aspect of it.
3. This video showed me more about museums and also by thinking differently on how to set up my project.

Video 3- Bones of Contention: Native American Archeology
1. This video talks about the question to whether Native American remains that were found by us should be returned to their ancestors or not because they are relics to our culture.new laws like Grave Protection and Repatriation Act which i found to be very interesting to learn about.
2. This video did not really add to my project because it talked more about the Native Americans rather than an art exhibit.
3. This video really did not add to my understanding for my art project.

Video 4- George Eastman House: Picture Perfect
1. This video shows curators and archivists at Eastman's colonial revival mansion and how it is the oldest photography museum in the world which i actually found to be pretty awesome because i had no idea that this museum even existed.
2. The video related to my project in the fact that it shows inside the museum and how one looks all set up accordingly.
3. Other than seeing the inside of a museum, this video did not really add anything to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment