Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mask Project

This is a picture of a Aztec mask. The Aztec have always been very creative with the way they have made their masks since their time. They can represent happiness or fear. To me this one may have looked scary, but i like it because it's green and gives it a goofy type of look. This mask shows emphasis because it looks like the teeth are bulging out at you.


This is a mask from a holloween classic called Scream. This mask has been symbolic since the movie has first came out, this mask has been used in holloween every year and has meant something. Thank god the Aztecs showed us what a mask can do to people. I like this mask because it shows shape because the shape of this mask makes it different from your traditional mask.

This is a mask from mardi gras. These are traditionally found in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and it symbolic during the time of the year that it is happening. This mask shows shape and proportion because it is balanced and shows how even it is. I like this picture because i am a fan of mardi gras and the holiday means a lot to me and this a traditional mask for the holiday.


This is my sketch of my mask that i wanted to create. My plan was to add color and value as i finished the mask because i wanted to make it stand out and look different from a typical mask.


This is my final mask and i found it to be an enjoyable project. I think this because i was able to give my mask color and emphasis to make it stand out from a normal mask. I personally think that my mask may look like a baby lion but that is just me. I am glad that i got to do this project and was able to explore a different type of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment