Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hand drawing art project

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
At the start i thought this project was going to be fairly easy because my hands are right in front of me and i thought it would be really simple. I was mistaken because i am not the best of drawers, there is a reason why i am not an art major. Although when i completed it, the drawings of my hands looked pretty realistic.


2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I selected pencil because it is just an easier tool to use and i have used it all of my life and it is easier for me to shade and make lines darker when using a pencil. I never have used charcoal and did not have access to it, so i decided to stick with my handy pencil.


3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
I thought it was going to be easy, but i actually realized that my non-dominant hand is not as steady or accurate as my right hand. Doing that light shading was the hardest part i thought, i also thought the shading was difficult for me for my dominant hand as well. I actually can write with my left hand though.



4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
Both pictures were tough and not that good i thought. My dominant hand gave more detail to the outline of my hand, I could make the lines accurately, and i was able to shade better with my dominant hand.  However with my non-dominant hand I had rigid lines i think and  lines and my fingertips looked a lot more different than my dominant right hand. The main difference in the two is that in my non-dominant hand (left hand) the fingers look funky.


5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
 No because my right hand is a lot more steady and a lot more accurate. Holding the pencil in my left hand was rough because sometimes i would fumble it around because i am not a custom to using my left hand.







No comments:

Post a Comment