Monday, October 3, 2011

Art Instillation Project

 Reflection questions:
A. Installation art is a modified space in which the viewer can enter and experience the artwork.
B. There are no set materials used in installation art. An artist can pretty much use any object.
C. Artists create installations because they want to evoke feelings and emotions in the viewer. The idea of an installation is to change the space in a room to create different feelings.
D. The installation I found most interesting is from the book, Jumbo Spoons and Big Cake by Thomas Hirchhorn. Its crazy and all over the place. As a viewer I wish i knew where to tackle this topic for this.

My Plan:
1) An installation piece that gives me the inspiration is Jumbo Spoons and Big Cake by Thomas Hirschhorn (like I used in Reflect: D). I like how it is just all jumbled and scattered it looks interesting to me.

2) The theme that grabbed my attention and that i was to do is Looking Outward: Here and Now.

3) The mterials i will be using is everything in my room to make it all look all scattered and give it the look that something needs to be done.

4) My instillation will take place in my room because it looks like that there needs to be something done with it and you cannot find a single thing in it.



4. Describe your installation.
My instillation takes place in my room actually. There is many cloths on the ground all garbage in one part of the room then there is te]he big tv and gaming chair. Everything is just a mess on the ground but my Tv is the nicest part of it all.

5. Analyze your installation.
An element that i had used was color because you can tell that in the pile of cloths there is distictions of what the colors are and even some of them stand out. My instillation places emphasis on the clothes in the room and the Tv.


6. What are your thoughts on the planning and creation of a site specific installation?
I wanted to create an installation with the theme Looking Outward:The Here and Now. I wanted it to feel busy for the person at home and for the viewer to be able to see what a mess can come out of someones room if they keep forgetting to do it. The viewer shouldn't really know where to start. I had no idea what to do at first but when i got going it became easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment