Sunday, October 2, 2011

VIdeo Blog Review Week 6

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

In "Glass and Ceramics" I learned the science on how to create glass art pieces. I never realized glass blowing was exactly that, blowing into a pipe with glass on the end, and it inflates the glass. I also learned that the qualitt of raw materialsused and the temperature used is what differentiates the different types of ceramics. I found it interesting that they are using ceramics in the medical field for things like hip prosthetics. I find it amazing how ceramics are so much more stronger than steel.
In "Installation Art" I learned that an installationg is more than just a sculpture or a 3D piece. It can be many different things like a whole building or even music. Artists can manipulate our perceptions and even space. It is pretty amazing
In "Through the eyes of the sculpture" I learned about different types of stone and what a quarry is. It was interesting to see that there are jobs as scupltures out there, it's not like they just create sculptures for themselves that maybe put in an art museum. Its an actual job. They can be hired for restorations, they can build things like actual buidlings, bridges, fountains etc. It was interesting to see that he made impressions to be able to create a statue with deal


2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

These videos relate to the readings from the text by showing examples and visuals of how installments, glass, ceramics and other crafts are created. These 3 things in these videos are used in everyday life for craftsman and for them. These videos were very informative to me and went more into depth than the text did i thought.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the topics: Sculpture, Installation, and Craft?

These films gave me a more knowledgeable understanding of artists who create sculptures, installments and crafts. The videos let me visually see what I read and also by showing me how things are made and different things that artist can do with each topic.The videos were a better understanding than the text by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment