Friday, December 9, 2011

Self Portrait project

I selected to do a virtual tour powered by Google. The gallery i chose was The Frick Collection in New York City.



1)I selected these inspiration self portraits because when going through all the other virtual art galleries there was nothing that caught my eye except this art collection located in New York City. The first self portrait is called Sir Thomas More by: Hans Holbein the Younger 1527 created with oil on oak panel. The second self portrait is Comtesse d'Haussonville by: Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres. The final self portrait i chose was Self portrait  by: Rembrandt Harmensz. These are all the self portraits that stood out to me in all the virtual art galleries.



2) The media i chose to use on my own self portrait was pencil. I chose pencil because it is the tool that i have the most experience with, but i am not the best drawer overall. I like using pencil for media choice because i can erase my mistakes when they happen.

3) A challenge that i came across in this self portrait was that i would find myself making tiny errors and i would have to keep erasing them.  I overcame this challenge by starting to slow my hand down and focus more on where i was drawing.

4) This piece represents me in a positive way. When i look at the myself i see a man with a positive attitude and happy all the time.

5) Some elements and principals i applied in my self portrait were line, value, emphasis, and shape.

6) I enjoyed working on this art project because the last time i drew myself was back in middle school art class. It was nice to see how i improved over the years even though i am still a bad drawer.

7) I think my final art work is decent because you can relate it to the picture. The only thing i am unhappy about is that i am just not a good drawer like my older brother. I feel that i did better than i usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment